Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I saw it. It's official.

A few months ago, Cory and I decided we were ready to get pregnant again. I was ready to have my little girl, the one I had been telling everyone on the planet I was going to have after I had my 3 boys. So, this winter I got pregnant and we all waited for the all important question to be answered, girl or boy?????

Last month, when I went into my dr. appt, he did an ultrasound because I was measuring bigger than normal for 14 weeks. He wanted to make sure that there were not twins. (Luckily, there was only one baby). During the ultrasound, he checked to see if he could tell the gender. He pointed to some strange looking shape and said, "If I had to put money on it, I would say it is a boy." Needless to say, I was shocked. He could tell my disbelief, so I think, in an effort to appease me, he backstepped a little and said, "Well, it's still kinda early to tell. We can check again next month." Needless to say, this was a VERY long month. Since I did not see a weiner on the ultrasound, I still held out hope, even though my stomach was beginning to grow straight out, like it did with my other boys. I even had friends send positive girl vibes my way. So, I went in last week and got the second ultrasound. And boom, sticking out there for all to see was the WEINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is official, we are having another boy. But I am excited because that will give Jesse a buddy. Case and Rail are so close and while they are good to include Jesse, I think as they get older, Jesse and this new baby can pal around.

So now that we know it's a boy, the difficult part of coming up with a name begins. That is always the worst part to me. Cory pretty much ends up picking the name. I am due September 1st, on my mom's birthday. So that is kinda cool. Anyway, I just thought we would make the official announcement.

2 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Maybe it's like you said, Jesse needs a pal. You'll get your girl though. In the meantime, yea, you don't have to buy new clothes! Girls can be very expensive. ;)

Betsy said...

Oh Lisa I'm so excited for you!!! You will get your girl someday. Just so you know girls when there are teens are a pain in the neck!!! Boys are way easier. I guess you have to hold tight to the thought that God knows what He is doing and he doesn't make mistakes. Congrats!