Thursday, December 18, 2008

Joys of boys

As a follow up to my previous post, I observed an interesting phenomenon today, which led me to believe that maybe my boys are perfectly normal. I had gone to Case's school to bring in cupcakes for his birthday. While I was there, the kids had center time, where they get to play with toys. As I was walking around and watching the kids, I realized something very funny. Almost all of the boys were on the floor playing with legos. They were creating airplanes and fighting them and making sound effects and rolling around and... you get the picture. Then , I looked across the room and noticed that almost every single girl was seated around this one table coloring with stencils. Seriously. Now their talking was high pitched and continuous. It was a hillarious observation. No wonder my house is always demolished, no matter how many hours a day I spend picking it up. I am not going to feel so bad when my other friends, who have mostly girls, are able to keep perfectly spotless homes. I have boys. The picture of mud on my floor is an almost every day occurrence. Then you factor in that it has been raining for the past week and our entire yard is mud. Holy crap, I have no chance. Mud city for me. Joys of boys!

1 comment:

Langfords said...

nettie54.lisa i like your blog
love, jayden