Thursday, December 18, 2008

Repeat after me!

Repeat after me. I love my boys. I love my boys. I love my boys. I love my boys.......


Today, I decided to embark on the ever dreaded task of paying my bills. I had been working in the office and the boys were outside playing. They had been outside a while, when I heard them run inside and back out again. I looked out to see what was going on, and caught a glimpse of Case fleeing out the front door with a drinking cup filled with mud. That got me up fast. As I left the office and walked in to the front room, this is what I was greeted to, followed by a quick accusation from Case that Rail did it (even though the bottom of Case's pants were covered in mud). Don't let this picture fool you, the mud went into the kitchen, all down the hall and into the bathroom as well.I decided to go outside and investigate the situation. As I stepped out and called for the boys, I heard their echos from the side of the front porch. I rounded the planter to find the boys gorging themselves in a rain filled, soiled pot. Needless to say, there was mud (Well actually, wet soil. It is different) everywhere. On the porch, on the bench, on the boys, everywhere.


Right after I snapped this second picture, Case proceeded to pour his cup filled with mud all down his shirt. Why he did that, I have no idea. It was really random. At that point, the fun was over and they were all whisked into a hot shower. If you look closely, Jesse is hiding behind Rail. You can see a bit of his red shirt. So, to wrap up my investigation, I concluded that my trashed floors were a collaborative effort from all three boys. But remember... I love my boys. I love my boys. I love my boys!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

this looks like my floor, but not from my boys, from our dog. Little dogprints of mud everywhere. I was not as kind as you though, I locked him up!

Unknown said...

Lisa, sit back and relax, the mess won't stop till they're out of the house. We have a huge new mound of dirt in Rick's lot next door + 3 days rain = mud on clothes, shoes, bikes, driveway. I've heard, "I had no idea my shoes were muddy". I thought your shoes are 2" higher than normal they are so caked w/ mud. How about, "come see, we made a mud couch in the hill." You can guess what happens when you sit on a mud couch.!!! Enjoy, it never stops!!!It can get frustrating but quit humorous. Jen

Ondriawfd said...

LOL!! I don't know why I think this is so funny but I can't stop laughing. It must be the way your wrote it because I know I probably wouldn't be laughing if it happened to me. And now I feel better about my boys except for someone needs to give my girl that memo on how girls are supposed to play because she is always following right behind them.