Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Vote for me

I don't know if it has been the ringer of a campaign that we have just been through or my age, or being a mother and trying to make a better world for my children, but all of a sudden, I really care about issue. I watch CNN daily (something that would have made me gag 10 years ago). I am starting to branch out my interest of government from the presidential race to now, all of the affairs of public policy. Tonight I went to the annual Lehi Community Meeting where they talk about all the issues facing our little community. I was impressed because our Mayor, Scott Smith came, along with our city councilman, Dave Richins, 2 of the Mesa police chiefs and numerous other city officials. I couldn't believe our little community would bring out the big guns, but we did. The meeting itself was not really noteworthy, but the bi-product of it is what I am writing about. The members of the Lehi Community Board talked about next year being the first year that they will hold elections for the Board. All of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head. Ever since I got interested in the presidential race I have been feeling a big pull to do something, to stand up for what is right and make a difference, but I have felt so insignificant. I realized that I could start locally, in Lehi, maybe a position on the PTO, then city government, after that state, then who knows, I could be the next Sarah Palin (ha ha). Who knew she would be such an inspiration. Anyway, I'm thinking that might be a good start. What do you think? Should I get involved in politics???

1 comment:

Ondriawfd said...

Whoa, I never thought Lisa would be interested in Politics. But things change and if that's what makes you happy go for it! I'd vote for you.